Monday 1 February 2010

Biggins in Hackney - 50k to 800k.

Christopher Biggins didn't want "come dine with me" viewers to see his Hackney home - according to the Daily Mail. But his place didn't sound too bad when he told the Telegraph about it on January 21: "In 1984 I bought a lovely three-bedroom terrace for £50,000 in a development of 16 homes designed by the famous architect Piers Gough. They are all unique homes – ours has a double-height drawing room with a first-floor minstrel gallery and an 18ft-high window leading out onto a little garden.

"It's all very pretty and I would say it must be worth between £750,000 and £800,000 today. In fact I have just paid off my mortgage. I went into the Alliance & Leicester in Plymouth with my chequebook this month." (Jan 21)

No comments:

Post a Comment